Dust extractor

woodwizzard

That machine will handle 1 small machine at a time, but do remember its a chip extractor not a dust collector, any fine dust will come straight through that bag and as it clogs you'll loose suction. Id consider spending a bit more if you want something small the try thishttp:// http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-trade-series-ct-50rck-1hp-extractor-508483

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

it does take up a bit of room though stuart but the ease of changing the bin is great and you only get 1-2" of fine dust in the bag after 6-12 months.

this is the extractor, Axminster Hobby Series FM300BC Extractor - Chip Extractors - Dust Extractors - Machinery | Axminster Tools & Machinery and here is the cyclone Omni LARGE Dust Cyclone workshop pre filter separation wood dust powder plastic | eBay

but they are out of stock at the moment. they are also available here but are more expensive, Toolovation - clever tool merchants

that cyclone was the best £150 i've ever spent...

here is a bigger picture of my setup.

P1020771.JPG.03b0de96a0515e4b230f0361b8c0d92b.JPG

I've got the trade version fab machine. Got it hanging on the wall. I did make another plate where you connect the hose as the original one has a metal cross over the inlet hole which i guess stops big chunks damaging the machine but i was forever unblocking the machine when working it hard.

• 3 weeks later...

Ended up getting one of these https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/record-power-cx2000-compact-chip-collector/. Suits my needs fine for occasional use with my planer and bandsaw. As in reviews that I had read, I had to cut out the plastic screen on the fan housing to allow the chips to go through. A safety feature that stops the machine from working, whatever next. Sucks in the chips off of a 10" planer no problem. Not one for you professionals, but fine for a hobbyist.

it does take up a bit of room though stuart but the ease of changing the bin is great and you only get 1-2" of fine dust in the bag after 6-12 months.

this is the extractor, Axminster Hobby Series FM300BC Extractor - Chip Extractors - Dust Extractors - Machinery | Axminster Tools & Machinery and here is the cyclone Omni LARGE Dust Cyclone workshop pre filter separation wood dust powder plastic | eBay

but they are out of stock at the moment. they are also available here but are more expensive, Toolovation - clever tool merchants

that cyclone was the best £150 i've ever spent...

here is a bigger picture of my setup.

Do you have a seal between the plate they the cyclone is fitted too or is it just sitting on the bin?

If just sitting do you get dust blowing out?

Do you have a seal between the plate they the cyclone is fitted too or is it just sitting on the bin?

If just sitting do you get dust blowing out?

the cyclone is fitted to a wooden ring and bolted on the perspex and there is duct tape over any gaps.

the perspex plate has a foam tape round the edge so that it seals nicely to the wheelie bin. you don't get any blow out as it is a vacuum.

when the machine is off you can just lift it up as it does just sit on the bin...

• 2 weeks later...