3 phase

Ollie

Looking to get 3 phase put in my new workshop. The farmer who I'm renting it off had agreed to pay for the materials needed if I pay for the labour. Probably only running one machine at a time so might be more cost effective to buy a phase convertor.

60659cfef2716d80846176b0efc0413e.jpg

ec533c8299155bba9a374ea8ca75b6d7.jpg

Wondering if anyone might have an idea of cost, not sure what's involved exactly. Assuming I will have to contact the power provider. The pole is very near the consumer unit and apparently there was 3 phase on the farm years ago for the milking equipment.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Arbtalk mobile app

Hi there,

It looks like you have/had 3 phase into the premises, the service head/fuse is 3 phase (black block on top pic has three fuses), but everything after that is single phase.

What you cant gauge is whether the DNO installation is still suitable/safe.

There will be two elements to this:

DNO costs (to provide/enable 3phase into your premises)

Sparky costs (to deliver the 3phase from the DNO equipment to your equipment, distribution board, earthing, cabling, machine connection costs, etc).

If you are sure you will only need one machine (and it's power rating is suitable), then it might be cheaper to go the invertor route. Or depending on the machine, change it to single phase.

J.