Bench Space in London

SidTheShopCat

Hello,

I have recently moved back to London after living in NYC where I was working as a furniture maker for 3 years.

I am hoping to find a shared space where I can set out on my own. I live in north London around the N13 area. If anyone has any tips or knows of anyone renting out some bench space (or a dark corner) I would be really grateful. I would be making small to medium sized cabinets and coffee tables for the most part and should have a considerably small footprint in the shop.

Cheers,

Sidrick.

This place is run by some people I know. It may be worth a look. I know people that use their space on a regular basis and it seems to workout for them. Not too far from you either. Good luck!

Building BloQs - London's Largest Open Access Workshop

Cheers for this.

Funnily enough I visited both blackhorse and building bloqs. They are both well equipped spaces that have good rates but they are still project based places and day to day. I would like to have a space preferably in someone's workshop with a bench that I can call "mine" and can leave tools safe and secure and show up to prototype pieces and develop some ideas. With a reasonable rate around 250-300 pm.

I'm hoping theres something out there. There has to be!

I think it'll be hard to find in London. Space is expensive so rarely do people have it un-used. Think outside the norm - try scout huts/organisations. They are only used part of the week and may have space or a shed out the back you can use.

If not container units can be rented, although not for the budget you mentioned.