Big leaf maple

RC0

Nice work Reg, liked the use of the double redirect pulley. Got one knocking about the van somewhere, but never used it.

How you finding that beast of a pickup for a chip truck? Did you get it converted to a tipper? What's the capacity like compared to a Transit? :biggrin:

That's one of your best vids Reg, great camera set ups and love the drangon fly at the end. Tight spot to rig with the other trees and power lines, fine work as usual.

Serious question - any consideration given to reducing the tree?

Looked to be very well sheltered.

You'd obviously stripped the lower canopy to help climb/rig it.

Was there anything in way of lower canopy to reduce it to?

Any identification of the decay culprit?

Ta

Excellent video/work , not having you skills it would of been a mewp job for me. The colours are bonny from the surrounding flora.

Do you not fancy upgrading your whistle to Bluetooth headset. I've learnt a lot from your videos , thanks for all your input into our profession.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Thanks. Sorry I haven't had time to reply sooner.

Joe, an F350 is sold as a pickup really, but some people but dump bodies on the back, like this one. The GVWR isn't very high at all, 5000KG. But that's plenty enough for me to fill with chips and toe the chipper. Toe anything really. It does have a super strong motor though, 7.3 TD....and is all wheel drive. So it's a good tree service truck. The F350, 550s while similar in size are built to carry way more, but fall into a different insurance and vehicle inspection category. Plus my business licence won't permit me to put anything bigger than an F350 on my driveway overnight. So, I'll stay as I am for a bit longer yet.

Mark, 16 inch is standard here for a climbing saw.

Dave, we've taken a few other big tRees down there this week so, not as protected as it would've been. It could've been reduced, like any tree....but would've grown back and looked like a dog's dinner in no time.

It had several ganoderma brackets around the base, which is quite a different animal out here as Ive been suprised to discover. You never see them growing above 2ft from ground level, as they are regarded here ad a butt and root decay fungus.

Paul, you never know. I'd like to have a visit, and tie that in with the APF....but not to work, rather just enjoy the event.

Thanks

5976710a47e07_2016-05-2707_18_48.jpg.c07412ba73b1d0d4337509217dac4889.jpg

5976710a4ecb0_2016-05-2707_18_00.jpg.ca60cd839d3ef917cba885915e28df12.jpg

Edited by RC0