Fs450 plug lead?!

Big T

Hiya!

Just bought an fs450 for 100 bucks, starts and works fine but on inspection the rubber plug boot and the wire insert are not connected to the lead, it pushes onto the plug fine and must be close enough for it to run but would like to sort it properly! Can you just replace the plug lead or is it a coil and lead job? Spouse I could solder a longer plug lead on the existing bit of lead??

Hiya!

Just bought an fs450 for 100 bucks, starts and works fine but on inspection the rubber plug boot and the wire insert are not connected to the lead, it pushes onto the plug fine and must be close enough for it to run but would like to sort it properly! Can you just replace the plug lead or is it a coil and lead job? Spouse I could solder a longer plug lead on the existing bit of lead??

Some HT wires screw in to the coil and some are epoxy potted - see if it unscrews after checking to see if the wire is glued in. The parts list shows it to come out!

The wire spur should push through the HT wire, if it keeps coming out, bend it and push it through the other way - 90 degrees to the original hole and replace the rubber cap.

Cheers spud! Legend! I'll have a look tomorrow, hopefully I can just replace the lead!:)

Just make sure you get the right diameter lead - 5mm and push a pilot hole through the part where you are fitting the spur - an awl will do it but make it small so it is a tight fit - some of us have the correct service tool:sneaky2::lol:

Good luck:thumbup1: