What to do with equipment?

sparkysim

Hi all, new to this site as a member although have spent many hours reading some of the posts for a while now. Lost of very interesting reading i must say.

Ok i have a few pieces of machinery (list below) that are what you may call luxury big boys toys. I dont use them for employment as such however i am contemplating if i can put them to use earning a small living or at least paying for their keep as well as doing what i love....being outdoors! I have an ETA log gasification boiler that gives me an excuse to break out the toys and get the chainsaw out (MS441CM). I have had access to a lot of windblown in the last year which topped up my wood stack nicely.

Anyway I have pondered over a processor or PTO chipper etc....... just thinking / dreaming.......whats your guys thoughts?

New Holland TM140 (tweaked to about 190hp :001_smile:)

Takeuchi 3.5 ton slew c/w full set of bucket and grapple.

Ford 4000

Thwaites swivel skip dumper

Riko 16 Ton horizontal splitter PTO driven

Balfor PTO saw

and more.......

Cant beat having a toy or two...... and going by a lot of the other posts in the forum i am in the right place! :001_smile:

cheers

Hi all, new to this site as a member although have spent many hours reading some of the posts for a while now. Lost of very interesting reading i must say.

Ok i have a few pieces of machinery (list below) that are what you may call luxury big boys toys. I dont use them for employment as such however i am contemplating if i can put them to use earning a small living or at least paying for their keep as well as doing what i love....being outdoors! I have an ETA log gasification boiler that gives me an excuse to break out the toys and get the chainsaw out (MS441CM). I have had access to a lot of windblown in the last year which topped up my wood stack nicely.

Anyway I have pondered over a processor or PTO chipper etc....... just thinking / dreaming.......whats your guys thoughts?

New Holland TM140 (tweaked to about 190hp :001_smile:)

Takeuchi 3.5 ton slew c/w full set of bucket and grapple.

Ford 4000

Thwaites swivel skip dumper

Riko 16 Ton horizontal splitter PTO driven

Balfor PTO saw

and more.......

Cant beat having a toy or two...... and going by a lot of the other posts in the forum i am in the right place! :001_smile:

cheers

Welcome to the forum, nice stable of gear you have there.

I cant see what use a chipper will really be to you unless you plan to burn the chips in your boiler. Then you have to think about handling them.

A small processor would though be a good idea as you can cut and split your own logs and maybe start to sell a few as well. You will need to think about how to store and handle the logs, bags seems to me far easier but a teleporter is a handy tool to handle and stack them. An old dutch barn with open sides is fine for storage.

A