8inch Pto Hanmey Woodchipper

doddie82

Hanmey heavy duty, professional PTO driven woodchipper. Chips up to 8 inch branches with a capacity of 8-9 cubic metres per hour. Exceptionally well made, top of the Hanmey range chipper which requires a 30+ horse power tractor to run it. Machine comes with a PTO shaft, manual and various features including 360 degree rotating shoot, powered roller feed, roller feed safety cut off and extra long feed hopper. CE certified, 1 year manufacturers warranty, spare parts fully available and after sales support available.

£1350

What are your views on this item for general/ occasional use?

Would never chip anything more the 6in as use it for firewood, also only to use in my own woodland?

Not got much more than that price to spend on Pto chipper to run on little ford 3600

Thank you

Never heard of them, sounds chinese, chippers are pretty basic machines really so if you have a reliable dealer and a warranty maybe its worth a punt. but if you can't get parts it could be expensive scrap in a short while. Expect very low resale value too.

If you can find one a decent second hand machine in that price range will suffer virtually no depreciation.

Bit of an oxymoron! The discharge chute goes to 360 degrees which violates H&SE! Sorry my friend, don't waste your money. Why does it cost £1,350 when our 9" PTO driven thing is over £10k?

I can tell you that to chip 8" effectively, you need a load more than 30hp!

Please burn your rubbish rather than loose your money on this!!!!

8" on a 30hp engine seems a little short on power.

I think the discharge can only rotate 270 (i think) to meet our hse guidelines which would make me question its CE mark.

I'd also wonder how many ponies are left of the PTO of a Ford 3600 i'd expect closer to 30 than 40.

From my experience of running a 12" chipper on a 100hp tractor is that it was a big to start the thing. Would stall the tractor trying to spin the flywheel first time. Always second attempt it would start it but it was close.