Lynx in Thetford forest

eggsarascal

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi EGGS COME from SOMERSET mate we had them down here for years at king heads you been down they say they seen one on brige that's to much CIZZER 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘👹👹👹👹🐆🐆🐆🐆🐆🐆you see all things when you have 5)6 pt of Somerset cizzer thanks Jon

The UK is one of only a handful of countries worldwide with no apex predators. The deer population is out of control maybe lynx reintroduction might start to rebalance this. Wolf reintroduction in Yellowstone has worked really well for the ecology of the whole park.

Release a few lions as the human population is also out of control

I'm all for stuff like this, I just don't know if it could work with the modern population's mindset.

I've not really followed it, but remeber there being talk of trying to release wolves in Scotland a few years back - at least there's a few less people up there that it stood half a chance of working.

At least stuff like Lynx, Wolves, Beaver etc are native, not like all those foreign pheasants that get released each year......

The missus wrote this article in response to hearing about this, if anyone's interested...

https://theconversation.com/reintroduce-lynx-fine-but-we-must-control-the-apex-predator-38540

Interesting article. I really hope 'the shooters' will see the bigger picture on this. It would be AMAZING to have the Lynx back in the woods.:001_smile: