Tip tie rigging with the x rigging rings.

Adam Bourne

Golf course hybrid poplar dismantle, between a few birch trees, all we had to do was get it on the floor in good time with minimal damage to the surrounding trees. Little clip of me setting the rigging up and carrying out the task. Nice and simple. No music and the sounds a little muffled as I left the waterproof back on!! :D oh well.

Set to HD and enjoy :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice short clip there. Liked the communication with the ground crew.

As a contract climber to you find you have to talk the ground crew through the rigging quite often?

If often wondered if it gets frustrating when every day is a different team with different skill levels and experience.

Golf course hybrid poplar dismantle, between a few birch trees, all we had to do was get it on the floor in good time with minimal damage to the surrounding trees. Little clip of me setting the rigging up and carrying out the task. Nice and simple. No music and the sounds a little muffled as I left the waterproof back on!! :D oh well.

Set to HD and enjoy :)

Nice little vid there. Where did you get the x rings from is there a UK supplier?

Nice short clip there. Liked the communication with the ground crew.

As a contract climber to you find you have to talk the ground crew through the rigging quite often?

If often wondered if it gets frustrating when every day is a different team with different skill levels and experience.

Na I enjoy it, more when the ground crew want to learn. I did some tall skinny ask trees over hanging a newly built property back in September, I had only worked with that crew once before and the only rigging we did was basic. Anything even remotely advanced would of just been a pain in the arse, for me and also them. So instead of setting up rigging and tag lines and escape being tangled all the time, I just set a simple zip line!! They was amazed!

I like to use what's easiest to explain and simple for them to setup. It makes the job even more enjoyable to know there learning and I haven't got to keep going down because something got hung up or some other crap haha!

Then saying that it is very nice to work with a crew that knows what your doing before you've even said it lol :D

Glad you liked it though mate :)

Had them sent over from the Xman himself mate :) I had to splice up a load myself but I've not touched a pulley in about 2 months :)

Look good and handy when you have set redirects and move pulley points around the tree. I wanted some when I saw the vids, saves hauling big blocks up the tree when not needed. What kind of swl have they got?

Look good and handy when you have set redirects and move pulley points around the tree. I wanted some when I saw the vids, saves hauling big blocks up the tree when not needed. What kind of swl have they got?

I have this as my top anchor but really depending on what angles I can create with the LXRR to make it easy.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1422384150.220424.jpg.7057c37e1bdfa6223aaefb1612b38fcc.jpg

And a little chart for you mate :)

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1422384175.711030.jpg.799948e3810c24f0821a3d5fc216d757.jpg

The beast ring is not on this chart!