Mounting winches on pickups

David Dobedoe

Thinking about getting a 4x4 / pickup in the next few months.

Do any of the manufacturers (Toyota, Ford, Mitsubishi etc.) mount winches on the front as an option? If not has anybody any experience of doing this with a new / fairly new machine and know anything about the warranty issues.

Obviously seen it done on lots of landrovers

Thoughts please ladies and gentlemen?

D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of them will do it as standard.

I had an electric winch on my hilux which I then transferred to my navarra.

Super winch and Warn (I think) sell them with kits for fitting them to most of the jap stuff.

I think the guy moved the oil cooler on the Nissan.

They were both out of warranty.

Thinking about getting a 4x4 / pickup in the next few months.

Do any of the manufacturers (Toyota, Ford, Mitsubishi etc.) mount winches on the front as an option? If not has anybody any experience of doing this with a new / fairly new machine and know anything about the warranty issues.

Obviously seen it done on lots of landrovers

Thoughts please ladies and gentlemen?

D

HI DAVID there the best warn super winch they do them to fit your truck thanks jon :thumbup:

I have always thought the best place for a winch on a 4x4 or pick up is at the back. Any winch on a truck is useful no matter where it is but if you have gotten a truck stuck in the mud the last thing you would want to do is winch it further in with a front mounted winch. Rear mounted will pull you back out a lot easier and is also handy for dragging stuff up onto a trailer ( including big ugly sticks and stumps ). Fashion says it goes on the front, to be of the most use it needs to go on the back. Its also a lot easier to fit between the chassis rails on the back of most trucks without the need for the fancy bumpers or fitting kits.

Bob

Edited by aspenarb