Moving to the UK, what's the certs to get working...

swingdude

How does one go about attaining the necessary credentials to carry out tree work in the UK, what are the requirements. Coming from seven years climbing experience doing technical removals and pruning work ( without spikes of coarse ). In Barbados we do not have any governing body. I have my own small tree company there. Wife is English, just got a good teaching position and we are moving to the UK. I don't want to sit around dreaming of working that is for sure.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For climbing the bare minimum will be cs30,31 and then cs38 and cs39

Utter shite, I'm afraid. A flat cap, transit van, and the ability to Tarmac the drive "while you're there" will put you in much better stead.

If you must have a serious answer, and can already do your job, what Richie says is about right.

It'll cost about 2-3k for the paperwork mind !

How does one go about attaining the necessary credentials to carry out tree work in the UK, what are the requirements. Coming from seven years climbing experience doing technical removals and pruning work ( without spikes of coarse ). In Barbados we do not have any governing body. I have my own small tree company there. Wife is English, just got a good teaching position and we are moving to the UK. I don't want to sit around dreaming of working that is for sure.

Hi, you don't need any certs to do the job in the uk, if i was to advice anything please try and at least obtain PL insurance, as long as you get that i see no problems for you. As much as the uk tries to comply with all eu regs and set the standards we are rubbish at what we do regarding policing what we try to preach. I know of LA contractors with very little qualifications so enjoy and exploit as much as you can. :thumbup1:

Hi, you don't need any certs to do the job in the uk, if i was to advice anything please try and at least obtain PL insurance, as long as you get that i see no problems for you. As much as the uk tries to comply with all eu regs and set the standards we are rubbish at what we do regarding policing what we try to preach. I know of LA contractors with very little qualifications so enjoy and exploit as much as you can. :thumbup1:

Should of also said, PPE, as long as you turn up in a wife beater vest, brylcream, and shell suite you be fine boy :001_smile: No one ever asks

Should of also said, PPE, as long as you turn up in a wife beater vest, brylcream, and shell suite you be fine boy :001_smile: No one ever asks

Should of said in the first sentence .....are you ok... Barbados ... to live in ...........the uk ......wtf, idiot .

Tropical life is fine and all that, however sometimes we must make sacrifices for our family as a whole and this is what I am doing for the present moment....Barbados will always be there....England is the place where we will call home soon....the transition will not be easy but I want to do things right and be all above board....all your input about how that will happen is much appreciated...I have some great connections so things should go smooth....looking forward to working in some trees and meeting some great folk....it will take time as I need my tickets but time I will have cause I am Canadian so immigration will be a hurdle....hopefully that will go smooth....

Tropical life is fine and all that, however sometimes we must make sacrifices for our family as a whole and this is what I am doing for the present moment....Barbados will always be there....England is the place where we will call home soon....the transition will not be easy but I want to do things right and be all above board....all your input about how that will happen is much appreciated...I have some great connections so things should go smooth....looking forward to working in some trees and meeting some great folk....it will take time as I need my tickets but time I will have cause I am Canadian so immigration will be a hurdle....hopefully that will go smooth....

Hey Paul,

Your finally making the move then?Where you moving to?

You just need NPTC's (sorry i have no idea which numbers)

All the best

Adam

Some assh+le responses here to Pauls honest question, really guys, you just having a laugh? Jesse?

Anyone experienced can go out and sub for small firms, do a great job, no questions asked, get paid at the end of the day, but when going on larger contracts, or rail/powerlines, thats when the tickets come into play. 30/31/38/39/40/41 will be what you require to CONTRACT to FIRMS.

(I would stay in Barbados though mate, Uk SUCKS :))