Ideal height for log splitting table?

Woodworks

Thanks for all the suggestions

if at full lift on the three point linkage you find the table too low then cut 2 rounds and back tractor onto them,cheap mod easilly reversed.jake:thumbup:

Snag with this is it's a big splitter on a compact tractor. The PTO is low on the tractor and if I run with spitter high there is quite an angle on the shaft. I have done it but don't think it a suitable long term solution. I could back up onto some rings but would like a permanent fix. There is lots of height to play with on the ram so just need to raise the table but just not sure how much. At present the table is thigh high so sounds like needs to come up at least 6-8" to hip height.

When looking at 1m vertical splitters they all seem to have low tables. Seems a shame as everything else on this machine is well thought out.

Edited by Woodworks

So you are upright whilst working:001_smile:

Thanks Steven

Appreciate the picture and it may be deceiving but that looks much like the height of mine at the moment. The truck bed is not up to your hips and the splitter bed looks a fair bit lower. I am upright when on the controls. It's the moving and chucking the logs I must be stooping for. Don't notice for an hour or so it's the longer shifts that the back starts to complain.