progression course after completing level 2 arb cert

paul kelly

Is your L2 the one that is administered by ABC awards, the new qcf qualification? if so go for the qcf L4 that's again administered by ABC awards. They are designed to flow into one another. I am just about to finish L6 and can't recommend them enough. It teaches you real skills and is not all about sitting exams. I've done academic stuff before and the professional route is much better and more relevant in my view. Some will disagree with this and its each to their own but check out the AA reg consultants list, the majority have dip.arb rfs and tech cert which is the old version of the L4 and L6. Tree life do an online version called treemail.

Hope this helps,

Can you do the tech cert online?

Speak to the training providers, i.e. Treelife Training and the land-based colleges etc.

REMEMBER, the 'Tech Cert Arb' is no more as it has been replaced by the ABC level 4 in Arb and you need this at Diploma level to be deemed a current equivalent (that said the 'Tech Cert' was at level 3 but still consider the equivalent, particularly if attained latterly, i.e. post 2000...I would suggest.)

Cheers, n good luck:thumbup1:

Paul

Speak to the training providers, i.e. Treelife Training and the land-based colleges etc.

REMEMBER, the 'Tech Cert Arb' is no more as it has been replaced by the ABC level 4 in Arb and you need this at Diploma level to be deemed a current equivalent (that said the 'Tech Cert' was at level 3 but still consider the equivalent, particularly if attained latterly, i.e. post 2000...I would suggest.)

Cheers, n good luck:thumbup1:

Paul

Thank u sir

Hi,

Agree with all that AA Techie said. Personally i would go with the L4 which as Paul said is the replacement for tech cert. I did tech cert on the old system in 2005 but i really think this new version of level 6 that i am doing is much better. The learning is more complete. If you submit a piece of work and you dont get 100% of the answer you will get it back asking for further info and providing you with advice. With exam based you only have to get 50% and you would pass. You therefore miss the opportunity to do the extra learing. The teaching at tree life is excellent and remember Dave Dowson wrote the sylabus for the L4 and the L6 so is in a great postion to get you through. The down side is the work load is intense or at least it is at L6. I'm told that L4 is similar.

ISA cert arb is a good qualification for practitioners but its level 2 so wouldn't really be a progression. I did mine back in 2002 and while it was useful i allowed it to expire as i felt that tech cert far outweighed it. I do often think of re-certifying though.