Which 7.5t arb truck?

veners

Currently run a couple of mogs and 3.5t canters and about to invest in a 7.5t arb truck, my previous experience says stick with the canters as the 3.5t both carry their weight and pull well. A number of people have said go for the iveco as it's cheap and easy to repair and on the roads around London appears to be the 7.5t arb truck of choice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We run a Man 8.180 with alloy chip body ,we've had this truck from new in 2007 before that we had an iveco 7.e 15 again from new ,the Man is much better truck the iveco which used to go trough bushes etc like they we out of fashion.

The MAN mechanically is very well built and we tow a bandit 150 Xp constantly behind it which at 2.8 tonnes tests it well .the cab is great and spacious which is important as I'm an owner driver.

I hope to get another 5 years out of it!!

Hope this is helpful try them all out.

Will have a look at both today but any other views would also be good

I would recommend spending a few quid on upgrading your driving license and buying a ten tonner or bigger which will be half the money for twice the truck. They are not physically bigger and at least you could legally carry what the greedy boards were designed for.

Bob

Hi Bob, think I read that on a previous thread which got me looking for a 10t but there doesn't seem to be many on the market but there are loads of 7.5 it has to be lez compliant as well because we mostly work in London

Why not go for iveco daily 65 they carry more then a 7.5 tonner cheeper to run cheeper to repair & service and a lot more driver friendly,

A pre 97 licence (with C1E (107)entitles you to drive a vehicle with a trailer, with a combined weight of 8.25 tonnes. That means with a 7.5 toner you would only be able to tow a small chipper, which is pointless if you have a big truck. Our 6 ton iveco tows a 10 inch 2.2 ton chipper, fully rammed with chip it will be overweight. I would be surprised if a 7.5 tonner would legally carry any more as they are a much bigger vehicle.

If you have your HGV, I'd go bigger, I bet operating cost are not much more and you could get a half decent crane!