The idle rich...

dogman

Just been round to a rented property to quote for cutting the back lawn, its in a right state, knee high & full of Japanese snipers & wooly mammoths you know the sort of unloved back garden.

He was happy with the price, asked me to come back Wednesday, as he gets his dole money that day, & will be able to pay me then !

I'm not knocking it, as I'm getting paid to do it, but what is the country coming to when some one who is unemployed(long term, I asked him)can afford to pay someone to cut his grass ?

Rob

Everyone has their own circumstances and reasons to be on benefits, some have disabilities, others have suffered loss of a love one who was the main bread winner.

For me personally I don't believe we should judge the person but the system which allowed them to claim benefits, especially if they do not have any formal right to them.

Personally I would hate to be on them, I know people who are and they find it degrading to have to live on money which comes into them on a specific date, much of which is going straight back out for housing or clothing or food on table. Many of them would prefer to be working out there in the community but the jobs are not there or over subscribed.

Above all else, if anyone here fell on bad times and they could not work then at least there is a fall back, albeit if some seemingly abuse the system.

Well I guess if the customer had been visibly disabled or showing signs that he was physically infirm, the OP wouldn't have posted this.

In answer of whom to go after....both of them having worked every week since 1982 and paying half my wages over as deductions and tax!!!!