New stump grinder..... advice

swinny

Looking to get a new stump grinder. wanting to px old one or maybe sell on ebay etc? need most for my money.

I would really like a hydraulic driven one, and ideally a hydraulic sweep..... but....

i like to go do the tree work and do the stumps whilst there, not do 2 visits or go in 2 motors if possible.

if i went for a rayco 1625 etc it would mean trailer etc i do like the look of the predator 28 but would worry about making mess on grass with tracks etc...

i think im leaning towards staying with a driven pedestrian grinder, that could be driven up the ramps into the back of the truck... also slim for access (though predator 28 is nice and narrow)

I do like the multi tip system. was looking at the predator 450's or a rayco rg25 (but no multi tip :( )

Ideally i wouldn't like more than 5k in a grinder so second hand hydraulic or new predator 450??

Why does no one display prices on their websites??

Wheres best place to look for grinders?

Any help greatly appreciated

chris

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The HB 20 is the best pedestrian grinder out there. Lots of power and a dream to use. For 5k you will struggle to get anything any good really. I can't see you getting a tracked machine for 5k anyway. Just get and HB 20 on finance, 2k down and about 190 a month. I can tow my tracked chipper and grinder on 1 trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

The rayco in question is probably the best rayco on the market here. I don't rate the others the 4 wheeled one and the tracked they're pretty pants if I'm being honest. I've never used the small predator but I've used both the big tracked ones and they're a cracking machine. Can you not get one on demo/hire??

The 1625?

seen a 1620 for 2800 + vat

or a 1625 3800 + vat

both 3 legged.

are they not hard work for access and running up ramps with 3 legs?