DEFRA approved stove

Lancstree

I think the reason they burn a lot is because of the clearview. To keep the glass clear they are always pushing air over the glass. I have a Jetmaster 5kw DEFRA approved and that shuts down enough to slumber overnight but the glass won't stay clear on full shut down. Sorry don't know whether a Clearview will shut down enough. A mate of mine has one with the same trait.

I have an Aga little wenlock classic which has the airwash for the glass and is also defra approved. When I first got it I couldn't stop it roaring. To solve it I took the washers out of the air wheel so it shuts dead tight and with some black fire cement I neatly blocked off the top vents. Now when you screw the wheel in tight the fire goes down instantly and will keep in easily all night which isn't bad seeing as its a tiny fire! This airwash low emission business is all a bit unessecary in my opinion

I have an Aga little wenlock classic which has the airwash for the glass and is also defra approved. When I first got it I couldn't stop it roaring. To solve it I took the washers out of the air wheel so it shuts dead tight and with some black fire cement I neatly blocked off the top vents. Now when you screw the wheel in tight the fire goes down instantly and will keep in easily all night which isn't bad seeing as its a tiny fire! This airwash low emission business is all a bit unessecary in my opinion

Last sentence. What makes you say that?

As mentioned check the door rope and check the door is fitting and sealing correctly. Depending on which one it is - check the ash pan door is clamping tight also and check the air control sliders are closing properly.

When we shut down our Clearviews you can starve the fire and drop the flame right down. With a bit of coal on board it completely knocks the flames out and then when you open the vents up again it explodes :blushing: I.m not going to do that again and don't try that at home!

Our fire was blazing and wouldn't turn down and I checked the rope seals to find it was the one on the door glass. The clips had rusted/dissolved so the glass was not clamped up tight against the seal. I made some new thicker steel clips and screwed it back in and it is fine now.