unexpected dangers

jacjak

As we seem to be having a few stay safe threads recently just thought id have little rant about a job i did the other day. I was working at a property that backed on to a large park in ipswich, and was working at the rear of the garden near the park. The ground had a deep covering of fallen leaves,and i was kneeling down to refuel when i noticed a hyperdermic needle sticking up right beside my knee i felt sick and we cleared the leaves we realized they were everywhere. although i hope the junkies that chucked them there burn in hell im even more narked off with the property owner cause when i told about the needles he turned round and said he knew they there :sneaky2:

Was not impressed anyway thats the end off my rant but hopefully by posting this it may remind others to expect the unexpected and stay safe

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a needle jab me a year back. The test took 6 months. Felt like a lifetime. Hate the dirty scum and hope they all get what they deserve.

Needles can be a problem and I now always check we're I'm working no matter were it is as you never know.

feel for you mate cant think of many things worse than that. hope you dont mind me asking but did you know it happened because you saw it or because you felt it. Im just a little worried that it could of happened without me noticing i mean when your working you dont really pay much attention to little pains like splinters and grazes or am i just being abit paranoid

we get some cracking areas needles, condoms, human waste! one area so bad we regulary refuse to do it.

nightmare! most of my work is in nice little village or at least reasonably decent areas so its not something iv had to deal with before i certainly wont be working there again.

feel for you mate cant think of many things worse than that. hope you dont mind me asking but did you know it happened because you saw it or because you felt it. Im just a little worried that it could of happened without me noticing i mean when your working you dont really pay much attention to little pains like splinters and grazes or am i just being abit paranoid

If your worried go to the docs... No one is going to be able to tell you if you've had a jab with a sharp or not. There are antiviral drugs or something they can give you which help to stop you catching HIV but beer talk tells me they are only given to NHs staff or the police due to cost...

If your worried go to the docs... No one is going to be able to tell you if you've had a jab with a sharp or not. There are antiviral drugs or something they can give you which help to stop you catching HIV but beer talk tells me they are only given to NHs staff or the police due to cost...

Yeah think i will at least it stop all the what ifs bouncing around my head

As we seem to be having a few stay safe threads recently just thought id have little rant about a job i did the other day. I was working at a property that backed on to a large park in ipswich, and was working at the rear of the garden near the park. The ground had a deep covering of fallen leaves,and i was kneeling down to refuel when i noticed a hyperdermic needle sticking up right beside my knee i felt sick and we cleared the leaves we realized they were everywhere. although i hope the junkies that chucked them there burn in hell im even more narked off with the property owner cause when i told about the needles he turned round and said he knew they there :sneaky2:

Was not impressed anyway thats the end off my rant but hopefully by posting this it may remind others to expect the unexpected and stay safe

HI JACJAK the property owner not telling you:thumbdown: as he knew the needles where i can say its not good way of going:thumbdown: on jon

It is very unpleasant and not some thing we should have to deal with, but in reality the chances of catching any thing from a needle are very low.

Most infections die very soon ofter falling below body temperature, hepatitis B is the one that can live the longest outside the human body, HIV dies very quickly.

I don't make this comment to belittle the concern that people are expressing, but to try and ease the concern people may feel if they do have a needle stick injury.

We should all take as much care as possible, but don't panic if the worst happens.

Yeah think i will at least it stop all the what ifs bouncing around my head

I'm not being funny, but if someone told me they knew and didn't tell me about a load of sharps on the ground where I was working I'd punch them in the mouth. Unless they were in a wheelchair, then I'd just be verbally abusive and tell them to find someone else to work for them. Also if you have got anything which is very unlikely go to the police and have him charged with gbh.