Barber chair

chuck norris

As he stated he left a large hinge ad a small gob . . I would have mad a bigger gob , bored the hinge and left holding wood at the back and cut down to leave a dogs tooth kicker . Easy to say from my key board but ......

Edited by Stubby

I'd say the hinge width isn't actually that bad for the size of tree but should off had a deeper gub in it.

But hindsight is always 20/20 and esy to critise from behind a computer screen

To be fair to the boy i think he knew wot he was doing (even mentioning a ratchet strap althou any rope etc should do), done the right cut and knew the signs when it was going

wrong and got out the way quick.

Think thats half the battle knowing when/wot things could go wrong and then when they've went wrong and getting the hell out off the way quickly.

If u've cut enough trees u've had things go wrong, just got to hope u don't hurt anyone/anything.

Sometimes u just get it wrong

Is that not wot the boy done subby, a dogs tooth cut? Just the hinge was too far forward and the back holding wood popped

Edited by drinksloe

I thought the gob was too small the hinge was ok for the size of the tree but he was boreing too much towards rear so it was always going to barber, he should have removed the saw and dog toothed from the back but hey ho like others have said easy to say after watching it go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Like others have said gob looked a little shallow, also sometimes I think a thicker hinge is a bad thing as a thinner hinge the fibres will fold better it was after all only going one way.

Apart from that looks like he did everything right, he knew the risk he knew he probably should of been better prepared (ratchet) it barber chaired but nothing bad happend and it hit the deck in the direction intended I guess so jobs a good un

Would a dogs tooth cut have made any difference??

The holding wood seemed to 'pop' anyway so not sure wot difference it would of made.

If its going to pop some holding wood then i doubt the 'tooth' part would be enough to stop it kicking out

I must admit i don't think i've ever down a proper dogs tooth cut and tend to do the exact same as the boy, usually an slightly oversized gub and just bore straight out the back of the cut

Think the main reason is the gub is to small so hinge in wrong place and too much wieght not over the hinge

i was always taught to ideally keep the back cut only slightly higher than the gub and the nearer the stronger the hinge,