Beech Dismantle

scotspine1

Amazing how a piece of music can transform a simple vid...

I'm tryin to watch it, yet can't help but imagine Maximus to be stood under the falling timber, or god forbid Mel Gigson's painted face from Braveheart...

The last vid posted up I watched, I had to listen to some dumb rap music, got through half a minute on that one....... This I watched to end, well done...

Cheers folks, half of them were down the café at any one time Mark, really struggle to get good folks these days but they made the effort to come in that's the main thing. Don, That 70cc Jonsered is a classic, not sure if you can still get them in the UK now. Luft, Vesp music is Enya's - Na Laetha Geal M'óige.

Buttresses looked fairly flared, although there didn't appear to be significant decay in the felling cut.

Any noted lower down?

yes, nearer to ground the worse the decay, Kretzch. Areas in red gone. Hence the minimal rigging and letting it run to ground on anything that might've seriously wrecked the tarmac.

You can see a long column of decay running up the trunk in the final pic.

I'd no problem with the decision to fell. Great tree. pity.

5976729117e52_beechcrosssection.jpg.86eb2c1c9246a156d6b92268fdd44aaf.jpg

drawings.jpg.e77f42d2e6ef81ebc267d0e733792fa3.jpg

597672911c644_beechkretzch.jpg.5b695692dc88e6a68f058760411e520a.jpg