Srt vs drt

Pbtaylor2014

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do a lot of big trees like the average size of 60ft + you will soon see and feel the benefits of SRT if you don't you may find it hard to get the good points out of it.. It also improves your throw line skills.

Don't listen to MattyF.

Buying a Big Shot solves the throwline issue!

Lol!

Ropewrench and tether and you're away then.

Make sure you get a lock for the Pantin because they're bad for kicking out without one.

HAAS is well worth getting if you're serious.

Even if just used for access it's well worth it.

I wouldn't still be climbing without discovering SRT.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

People will say all you need is a wrench and pantin... You definitely need a way of advancing the wrench ascending so a chest harness or neck tether is a must , i much preferred the neck tether as you can clip it in coming in off limbs and it helps self tending and it's not as restrictive as being permanently fixed like a chest harness but a lot of folk really rate them and just don't climb like that.... Also imo a knee ascender is a must but a hand ascender with footloop will do.

I'm pretty happy with my current set up.

RW with a long tether

Neck loop

Ct foot ascender

Haas mk2 with 4srt foot loop

Optional extras would be pinto and Biner for retrievable anchor also Ali rings , figure of 8 , dmm revolvers and slings .. List goes on ;)

Tree kit have done some good vids on YouTube

Hi guys unfortunately haven't got any m8 that climbed srt all are climbing ddrt the dont like the sound of single rope technique but i like to try things then modified from there to suit me best so got a good combination at the moment on ddrt but im interested in srt look better easier and less likely to cause less injury to the body in long term please correct me if I'm wrong