New truck

Taupotreeman

OK, figure this is a bit hit and hope due to the fact that most of the UK guys use smaller vehicles like Transits and Landies etc but anyone run Mitsubishi, Isuzu or Hino? Looking at around a 5 tonne pay load, older model (mid 90's) as I like the idea of a cast iron lump, easy maintenance and less money.

i run two mitsubishi trucks one a 6 ton fighter and one 4wd Canter

and one isuzu 1400 truck

The 2000 6 ton fighter is set up as a machinery carrying truck and as a chip truck as well as towing a 1800xl chipper

it is fairly economical to run and has 30000 km service intervals

it doesnt have much ground clearance though

the truck has done over 400000ks and is still going strong

Alot of the older Isuzu and mitsi trucks out here in North Aus seem to last a long time.There are plenty of trucks still running here that are over 25 years old.Mostly carting construction materials

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldnt think you could go far wrong with the Hino, isuzu, Fuso (mitzi) or Nissans, although with trucks it can be a crapshoot as rebuilding parts of them can be darn costly when they get bounced at COF time. 5 ton payload is a bit rarer though, most stuff abouts got a 2.5ish payload such as the elf250's etc.

Edited by Timbermcpherson

I wouldnt think you could go far wrong with the Hino, isuzu, Fuso (mitzi) or Nissans, although with trucks it can be a crapshoot as rebuilding parts of them can be darn costly when they get bounced at COF time. 5 ton payload is a bit rarer though, most stuff abouts got a 2.5ish payload such as the elf250's etc.

Timber, I have a couple on my hit list, one of which was an Isuzu forward juston. Great grunty truck but revving it's nuts off to do 90kph. 100 is pretty much no go and it really needed a sixth gear which is why the Nissan looks a better option at the moment. Smaller lump by about half a litre but 6 speed. I just can't get to drive it as its on the other island.

I run a Ford F350 superduty but unfortunately it's down rated here to 3.5t but still it has a 8ft bed that's 5ft wide and will tow all day long . Parts are not a problem and in 7 years I have had one coil pack that let me down .

Ste

Do you need a fuel bowser next to you to run it though!

Fair point on the speed Timber. But at 90 it is ringing it out. 70-80 is probably top whack being somewhere approaching comfy. Central North Island I do quite a few kms and it's nice to be able to sit comfortably on 80 rather than pushing, if that makes sense. I can sympathise with you having a mog though. My mate had one with his business as did Treescape and 50-60 seemed like a comfortable speed for both without having your skeleton self destruct.