Fiskars UP86

Gerbutt

They're absolutely brilliant Paul. I've had mine for around 4 years and I've really given it a good testing, cutting max thickness, pulling out heavy hangers, it's been used loads. You can quickly make small reductions perfect instead of messing with ladders or fracturing branches trying to get out far enough.

I was gutted when mine broke, but I was at a loose end today so had a dabble at mending them and it was a success! I've just been a dimbo and lost the quick release lever from where they extend, once that's replaced all will be good :)

Fantastic tool, use it loades for delicate pruning jobs.

Try looking up fiskar directory they may be able to supply you bits directly.

I've been on fiskars uk and filled in the contact form, fingers crossed they can :)

Ive got three of the wilkinson sword (branded Fiskars) ones in the shed all dead. They are great but its very easy to bite off more than it can chew and bugger it. I also use if for the little odd annoying bits on conifer hedge reductions as its a lot lighter than a hedge cutter. Still got one working but I should be able to make my dead three into one good one.

Little tip, a customer of mine recently told me he buys his from b and q or homebase or similar and they come with a lifetime warranty, when his breaks he takes it back in and they give him another brand new one. He pays £70-80 instead of the £35 I pay from the wholesaler but his method is a lot cheaper in the long run. Next time I need one it will be from there.