Poison ivy ? Beware !!!

nod

Dear Arbtalkers & casual visitors

Since the late part of 2003 I have hopped from pillar to post in the attempt to bring new products to the attention of the arbos & tree climbers. As much as anything this has been an effort driven by the need to test new kit out for myself. If the kit turns out to be any good then onward we go & try to bring it to the marketplace. Treeworker was started out of the need for real & truthful information about kit & techniques, which was sadly lacking in the retail field. The main thing that has changed in this time is the access to information via the internet but the knowledge hasn't changed drastically. Some bits of kit have been refined but in essence there is nothing ground breaking that has come about in this time. I'm sure that many would disagree with this but I believe that it's only refinements to that which already existed.

Due to European legislation it has, at times, been a tiresome job just to reach the point when finally a really decent product comes to the market. Poison Ivy rope is one of these products!

A little over 4 years ago I approached B-Trac with the view to bring Poison Ivy to the wider market. I banged my head until it hurt so much I gave in. Eventually I approached Sherrill in the US; "I want this rope but my head hurts what can we do?" Sherrill tell me, "Sorry we can't do business because of the tie in with Vermeer & we can't upset the boat!" From that point on, at every opportunity I remind Sherrill that we want the product until 18 months ago when the ice began to crack a little.

Finally we get to the point 12 months ago where I have an order for 14,000 feet of rope. I'm told that it's been CE certified by the manufacturer & am just waiting for the certification copy to arrive with me. 5 weeks pass before I receive a mail apologising for the delay & that it seems that the rope doesn't have a CE cert after all. Now I need to ask myself whether this has gone too far, should I back out & be done with it?

I decided to keep pushing until finally a few months ago CE certification was granted & finally I can let you know that POISON IVY rope ( previously available only as a non CE product)is available from TREEWORKER.

It has been a long road but hopefully one that was worth treading. I hope that our customers benefit from the work that is done behind the scenes in cases like this. We are a small company with a wealth of experience, not necessarily in selling/supplying equipment but in its use. I believe that this puts us in a unique position to understand the needs of you people who are climbing each day of your working life. I no longer climb every day, Treeworker has taken that pleasure from me but hopefully this will be for your benefit if you choose so.

Poison Ivy will be available to buy through the website on Friday 14th May or call me on 01296 738459 or 07971 830331 before that if you'd like any more info about this or any other product.

Best wishes

'Nod'

Robert Knott

5976560faedf3_poisonivyrope.jpg.217369b949ba777a0bb5fcb9e0293cd9.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic