tree house

treesrus

Interesting question....

If it were possible to demonstrate that the tree had not been "wilfully damaged", perhaps it would not be a prohibited activity?

If might require building regs / planning permission depending on how the LA classifies the tree house.

Wouldn't be subject to building regs but planning consent would be an issue if someone complained I would think. Considering you need planning consent to install a fence which is taller than 2m or a drive larger than 5.5 sq metres, large sheds, etc. Can't see how this would not be an issue. Generally gets ignored for some reason though.

I guess it would depend. Firstly on the tree, on wether you are doing it for a tree in your garden for the kids, or getting paid to do it.

I bet there are plenty of tpo'd trees with tree houses in them. I'd say I doubt anyone has got a fine for building one.

Makes no difference why you are doing it. If you wilfully damage or destroy it you could be prosecuted.

Interesting question....

If it were possible to demonstrate that the tree had not been "wilfully damaged", perhaps it would not be a prohibited activity?

If might require building regs / planning permission depending on how the LA classifies the tree house.

If the tree hadn't been damaged then I doubt it would pass the evidential test. Wouldn't recommend doing it without speaking with the TO though. Shouldn't be that difficult to come up with some kind of none invasive system.

Wouldn't be subject to building regs but planning consent would be an issue if someone complained I would think. Considering you need planning consent to install a fence which is taller than 2m or a drive larger than 5.5 sq metres, large sheds, etc. Can't see how this would not be an issue. Generally gets ignored for some reason though.

I'm not sure it would escape building regs Chris - wouldn't approved document A section 1 structural work of timber apply? Plus maybe being a structure >300mm above ground?

I have experienced a complaint against a tree house and, whilst technically it was found to have been required to have planning and building control sign off, it had already been installed and LA (Cornwall) found, after months of correspondence, that it wasn't in the public interest to take enforcement action.

It wasn't something I'd installed or been directly involved in but I kept an interest in how in proceeded.