New Echo 550xp/261 equivalent

Benny360

So I was at my local husky/echo dealer today having a natter and he reckoned echo had brought out a new professional ground saw at the end of last year which was more or less the equivalent of a 550xp/261. He said it's not on their website yet but they'd had one in and sold it. Said he'd get another one in the same time as a 2510 for me to demo :biggrin: I can't remember the model, anyone got any ideas what it might be?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was at my local husky/echo dealer today having a natter and he reckoned echo had brought out a new professional ground saw at the end of last year which was more or less the equivalent of a 550xp/261. He said it's not on their website yet but they'd had one in and sold it. Said he'd get another one in the same time as a 2510 for me to demo :biggrin: I can't remember the model, anyone got any ideas what it might be?

Could be the CS 501 SX.

Not an equivalent, but he must have meant the new 501SX, that has a considerably higher power output than the 500ES/500P (according to specs).

It's pretty close in spec to both the 550XP and MS261 assuming the manufacturers spec for them all is correct so I'd say that qualifies as "More or Less equivalent.

Weight - CS-501SX - 4.7kg, 550XP - 4.9kg, MS261 - 5.2kg

Power - CS-501SX - 2.57kw, 550XP - 2.8kw, MS261 - 2.9kw

Engine Capacity - CS501SX - 50.2cc, 550XP - 50.1cc, MS261 - 50.2cc

The biggest difference is that the CS501SX will have a 5 year warranty for domestic use and a 2 year Warranty for professional use. Not sure what the warranty is on Stihl but I'm pretty sure with Husky it's 6 months for professional use.

So what is it that makes you think it isn't "more or less equivalent"? apart from not having M-Tronic or Autotune, that's a major plus point from what I've seen here.

Edited by R Mac

Probably significantly cheaper, around £200 less than either the MS261 or 550XP I'd guess. It's listed on the Echo France site at €569 HTVA/€689 TVAC which I have to admit I'm assuming is the equivalent of VAT. €689 would make it around £525. I think the RRP of the Husky is around £750, slightly less for the Stihl.

The CS-501SX will almost certainly cost less than the CS-620SX which can be had for £584 inc VAT with a 50cm bar/chain.