iseki 2160 4x4 compact 18hp

scale90

Does anyone use one of these machines, or similar. Any opinions would be appreciated, thanks

We have one, its badged New Holland but the same tractor. Brilliant bit of kit, its done a lot of work and never missed a beat. Its got hydro-static drive which is really useful .

moretrucks008_zps16bf38af.jpg

Edited by aspenarb

I have one on the farm with a beaver front loader and rear digger it's got the standard transmission which can be a pain when using the loader but you just put up with it. Other then that it's a good machine might not get used from month to month but when we do its starts and runs fine

Ive got a 4x4 2140 iseki

Its not for work - bought it for topping some small fields but its sat unused for the last year - to busy to get in there myself ended up asking the local farmer to go in there and flail.

the topper I run on it is a bit on the heavy side (only 4 ft but well built) so weights on the front are a must.

just had the hydraulics and clutch overhauled as the seals were on the way out and gear changes getting awkward (and planning on selling in the spring due to planned move), getting parts took a search but are available.

they hold their value well for what they are.

the only other comment I have is - it scares the poo out of me on side slopes.

I might be looking for a small hydrostatic tractor. I need a hydro as paralysed so manual changes difficult. Drove a Kubota STV 40 with hand controls and a hoist fitted to lift me into the seat from the wheelchair when working at hotel with 100 acres grounds. Now retired and have 4 acres which will partly be planted with trees

I might be looking for a small hydrostatic tractor. I need a hydro as paralysed so manual changes difficult. Drove a Kubota STV 40 with hand controls and a hoist fitted to lift me into the seat from the wheelchair when working at hotel with 100 acres grounds. Now retired and have 4 acres which will partly be planted with trees

Well done to you, keeping going.

With a bit of thought for personal use hydro's can be adapted relatively easy. I've used them with horticultural caning machines built on them. You operate them from behind as you walk along.

A bit more power than normal to compensate for transmission losses is a must I think. 25hp instead of 20 etc.