2nd hand madness

santacruz

I firmly believe in buying new machinery, but I am not adverse to buying second hand at the right price. It just seems that at the moment machinery is fetching stupid prices. I dont just mean pretty steep I mean nearly as much or as much as a new machine. I have watched firewood machinery that is well used go on ebay for more than its rrp. Currently there is a fransgard winch on ebay its going for £1000 with 7 days to go, a new equivalent igland is £1800-£2000. The new machine comes with a new wire and 3 chains and sliders worth £200, and as far as I know there is no UK dealer for fransgard so where to go for spares?. Its all madness no chance of buying a machine for its true value, who is buying these things?

I know what you mean, I watched several Stihl Kombi attachments go for at or more than they can be purchased new from my usual supplier. Madness :confused1:

i found it cheaper to get a new combi engine of jonsie than a 2,nd hand 1, of ebay tooooooooooooo:biggrin:,not sure what kind of folk are bying them ,:confused1:

i found it cheaper to get a new combi engine of jonsie than a 2,nd hand 1, of ebay tooooooooooooo:biggrin:,not sure what kind of folk are bying them ,:confused1:

Indeed thats where I get all my kit and think I will get the whole new kombi kit from there in the coming weeks, get the kettle on jonsie :lol::thumbup:

Folks with a lot more £££££'s than brains:001_huh:. Same over here, I suspect they have their price and regardless of the current market value will ask what ever they can in return. Makes no $ence, of course no requirement

for that in the first place.

easy-lift guy

its the same with 020/200/201t's because you need the tickets to buy there able to go for half if not more of the price of a normal 201.

ive been scouting around and the amount of sellers discribing that a tophandle is great for logging up your fire wood ready for winter etc is unbelievable and a massive miss sell of the equipment.

I always look into new gear. Especially petrol tools or engine machines. I would rather pay a bit extra for something that has a good warrantee package than a second hand tool that could break the next day. If it even works in the first place especially from flea bay