spiking (spuring) to tree's

Pbtaylor2014

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no law as such because in the scope of law its a trivial matter

de minimis non curat lex

Accepted industry best practice is not to spike trees that are to be retained and that includes Lombardy, popular or not

You could run foul of TPO or C.A. legislation if you damaged a protected tree but for a lot of them, it would mean the LA legal section sending out for a back brace.:thumbdown:

that's as I have said but they where determined that it's was alright but I was saying that's it was against the law so I am rong to so it's a 50/50 tie between us he pointed out a video on you with a guy saying it's ok to spike he spikes every tree is works on in America and the tree should have it under control with in a few seasons I think he was called bucking billy ray on youtube any how do as I always have done and argu my point to them don't use spurs on a tree the isn't being removed

the reson I use spurs on lombardy popular is because I've always taken them down only ever reduced one wich was only about 50ft so was easy

Edited by Pbtaylor2014