Tree works application

Shaunpaul

Hi it's got TPO on it

Really, that's surprising...but not unknown.

Assuming the Laurel belongs to the outbuilding owner too, then you would need to go through the TPO application process. Ideally discuss with the Tree Officer beforehand but there's nothing to stop you citing two options on the application, e.g. one to do overall reduction, including the offending branches to achieve "X" metres clearance, and a second just to do the clearance work (although technically they could consent the first option to only allow the clearance as a condition....I think.)

Good luck,

Paul

PS Are you sure it's TPO'd? (if as part of an Area or Woodland, as opposed to individually or part of a group, where it clearly state to include 1x Cherry Laurel, again I'd enquire with the Tree Officer whether they consider it's included...and confirm by email requesting a reply if they say naah.)

REALLY is it listed on the schedule?!?!?........being a TO i would consider it to be an overgrown shrub and consider carefully the validity of the TPO if its listed. In any case within reason common sense works to a specimen such as that would be fine IMO.

In the first instance I'd enquire whether they (the LPA / Council) consider the CHERRY Laurel, as opposed to Portugese Laurel which is often more "tree-ish", to be covered as previously I view it as a shrub...albeit a very big one in your case.

Cheers,

Paul

Does it not depend on whether the dbh is under / over 7.5cm?......