Legality for cutting roots and overhang

bob

Where do I find a link to the definitive on removing overhanging branches and cutting back roots to boundary .

Seem to find a lot of contradictory info on searches

In relation to branches, and "abatement of a nuisance", I think Lemon v Webb is a case often cited and Mynor's talks about it in detail from p.83 onwards in his The Law of Trees, Forests and Hedgerows book (very expensive book I know but hopefully your local library, or college library, might be able to help.)

Cheers..

Paul

There shouldn't be contradictory information as its all straightforward really. Is this for general info or to show a client or other?

Good source for general/laymen: Garden Law - Trees and Roots

Review of important cases in context: The root cause | New Law Journal

There are others of course, but it depends on what you are trying to do with the information.

Cheers

The garden law one is not truly my definition

Is it not offer the branches back?

Cheers for the offer Gary but I have a copy though if you would like to come over and explain all those long words that would be great:thumbup:

Cheers

The garden law one is not truly my definition

Is it not offer the branches back?

Cheers for the offer Gary but I have a copy though if you would like to come over and explain all those long words that would be great:thumbup:

Mmm.. Can I have a read sometime please. We can work out the long words between us... Eventually.

Mmm.. Can I have a read sometime please. We can work out the long words between us... Eventually.

You can have a look anytime you want

It's not really a book you read it's more a look things up

At least that's what I got it for

Yes I realise that. I just wanted to try to refresh or be sure about a few things you might occasionally try to use as example of stuff to customers who have no clue whatsoever, like 'I just cut it off and throw it back over because that's what I'm allowed to do' or 'it's his hedge so he has to trim my side'. 🙄