Grant of consent given then refused.

MAPLE LEAF

while doing a job today a lady approached me while on break and explained she had been given grant of consent to remove 3 trees and now had them refused.

After further speaking to hear the consent was given in 1986 with no time limit by the local council and she had the original documents, work was applied this year to do the work and the council refused they gave her the reasons that the

1986 decision carried a 12mth life. [this was not written down] in perpetuity.

also due to there computer was only going back 10 years they also refused on the fact it was not on the system.

she has since appealed which was dismissed she has been told in writing the secretary of state has no authority to determine whether the 1986 consent remains valid as authority resides with the courts.

she told me if she went to court and won the council would still refuse her to fell these trees.

I know the consent was given 29 years ago but no time limit was set and she is just looking for advice.

I have never come across anything like this before and looking for help for her.

thanks in advance