New 201 hardly oiling!

pault

Ok so i had to get a new top handle saw about a month ago due to my trusty 200t getting stolen along with 2 other saws and a blower. I was told that the new self tuning version of the 201t had all the bugs etc fixed so went for that. Im not sure if its a new feature to use less oil or something but i since i bought it from new i can get through about 6 tanks of fuel before having to refill the oil.

Can anyone advise me as to if this is normal for the new versions of the 201t?

Iv got the oil screw thing set to max.

Cheers

Paul

Ok so i had to get a new top handle saw about a month ago due to my trusty 200t getting stolen along with 2 other saws and a blower. I was told that the new self tuning version of the 201t had all the bugs etc fixed so went for that. Im not sure if its a new feature to use less oil or something but i since i bought it from new i can get through about 6 tanks of fuel before having to refill the oil.

Can anyone advise me as to if this is normal for the new versions of the 201t?

Iv got the oil screw thing set to max.

Cheers

Paul

Saws are generally manufactured to leave a small amount of oil in the tank if both fuel and oil tanks are filled and then the saw run until it runs out of fuel.

In this hot weather, it should oil a little more than if the saw is used in the cold.

Check the bar oiling hole is free of chip and blockage, check the oil channel on the bar mount is clear and if that doesn't clear it, send it back to the dealer.

It is normal to get a line of oil forming in 1-2 seconds if the saw bar tip is pointed at some fresh cut wood and revved flat out - standard check and very useful.

You could try mixing a little fuel or diesel with the oil and see if it clears but reckon something is wrong.

Yeah iv tried all of those things but the oil level in the tank hardly moves. Its been like this since i got it which is why i thought it might be a design feature to use less oil. Will bring it back to the dealer probably.

My old 020AV went walkies so I bought a new 201T. I was worried about the oil consumption at first as it took three tanks of fuel to one tank of oil. It seems to oil the chain better now that it has been used a little more now.

It is a great improvement on the old one I must admit.

codlasher

Ok, so iv solved it! At the base of where the oil comes out there seems to be some sort of rubber plug. I just levered it out a bit and ouala, free flowing oil! Not sure of the purpose of the rubber but it seems to work so far!