Old Verses New

mowandgo

Heard alot bad about new vehicles being over complex with electrics high tolerences to achive higher mpg. Going bang and over running garages with mechanics hunting down never ending electrical faults. Also black boxes to monitor dangerous driving & location on some vehicles. The above puts me off a new one.

I realy like the simplicity of old vehicles. Rust worries me the most with older motors. The look beter & drive beter as you feel closer the elements Imo.

Does any one on here work an older motor every day? Be great to here from your experinces : )

Heard alot bad about new vehicles being over complex with electrics high tolerences to achive higher mpg. Going bang and over running garages with mechanics hunting down never ending electrical faults. Also black boxes to monitor dangerous driving & location on some vehicles. The above puts me off a new one.

I realy like the simplicity of old vehicles. Rust worries me the most with older motors. The look beter & drive beter as you feel closer the elements Imo.

Does any one on here work an older motor every day? Be great to here from your experinces : )

Run an 02 transit tipper.. Really don't like the look of the new ones.

Also a 25 year old mog. I bet the cost of fixing the new ones is eye watering... Parts for the old ones are dear enough.

heard alot bad about new vehicles being over complex with electrics high tolerences to achive higher mpg. Going bang and over running garages with mechanics hunting down never ending electrical faults. Also black boxes to monitor dangerous driving & location on some vehicles. The above puts me off a new one.

I realy like the simplicity of old vehicles. Rust worries me the most with older motors. The look beter & drive beter as you feel closer the elements imo.

run a 25 year old unimog on average costs about £5,000 a year for servicing & repairs does about 12 to the gallon set of tyres every 2 years £1,200 best thing no electronics

Older vehicles are a lot easier to work on yourself.

If your worried about rust take an evening class on welding and you will be set, easier to repair the mechanicals and hardly any electrics.

I have just gone down to a 96 impreza, hardly anything electric other than fuel injection and easy to fix it all.

All the computers what put me off modern vehicles. I fancy an old 2wd pick up. Its distinctive for sing writing. An old VW transporter or somthing. I do ask the question how many mornings a year would I be late due too break downs. Fair play to you boys for running older motors I like to see older motors being worked on the road : )

I ran a g reg landy tipper for 4 1/2 years as my only vehicle, work every day and going to shops etc. I think I lost maybe one day of work unplanned in that time due to clutch slave cylinder going, apart from that she did me proud.

Sold it as I'm no longer self employed, currently in a 03 l200 which has some more electrics but still fairly simple. I'd much rather have this than a brand new one IMO

'94 transit crew cab tipper have had it nearly 7 yrs on 4th lump though and several props (lots of towing) few days of the rd but most stuff done within a day. Been looking at lr hi cap to replace but want 200tdi so I can get easy fix, seems any number of minor things can cause great expense on modern vehicles

'94 transit crew cab tipper have had it nearly 7 yrs on 4th lump though and several props (lots of towing) few days of the rd but most stuff done within a day. Been looking at lr hi cap to replace but want 200tdi so I can get easy fix, seems any number of minor things can cause great expense on modern vehicles

4th engine! Several props! And you still like old vehicles?