Echo CS360Wes

simsimo

Hi, does anyone own one of these saws? I'm thinking of getting one for the chipper and also for a bit of carving (just light blocking and rough carving).

Seems a good power to weight radio and decent price. I defo want to try an echo saw so any reviews of this saw or recommendations of other models around that size would be great.

Cheers

I have owned a CS 350WES for 10 years and it is the saw I use the most. I also have an Echo CS5100, Tanaka ECV4500 and Husky 365 plus a number of other saws going back to the 70s, no longer used due to absense of chain brake. The CS 350 is light at 3.5kg and it's 35cc engine produces 1.5kw. I prefer its lightness and lower power when picking away at a large pile of tree surgery output. I feel safer using a lower powered saw in these circumstances, where the clutch will slip sooner than with a larger saw and thereby perhaps avoiding an incident. I have cut hundreds of tons of wood with it and the only replacement has been a brake band nine years ago. I use top quality oil, mixed at 40:1 and fresh mixed every litre using a syringe to measure. I also empty the carb and tank overnight. It's on its original spark plug. I accept it is possibly slower than a more powerful saw but it's lightness, greater economy and perceived increased safety makes it a joy to use for this old codger. Also, Echo invented a numbe roc implements we now take for granted - the strummer and pole saw for a start. I understand that they sell more product world wide than Stihl. No doubt more experienced wood men will hold different views but that's my tuppence worth!

I have two Echo's below the 360wes (280wes and 352 es) and both are great saws. The 280 has a 12" dime sugi carving bar and the 352 has an 14" Oregon Quarter carving bar running the standard chain. Find that I use the 352 for most things around the yard as it's light, powerful enough and really is ES (Easy Start)! :)

well Simsimo i have a 360Tes and it's truly an amazing little saw. I assume it has an identical enjun and carb as the 360Wes. I Like the proper full length 14'' bar/chain combo and i tend to use it for everything from climbing to felling out and snedding up small-medium trees. it really is that versatile. My dislikes are the chain can jump off the bar quite easily thus damaging the drive links and this takes up to an hour to put right with a flat file assuming the links have not been bent twisted beyond repair, I am gonna see if i can modify a Stihl MS200T bar and chain to fit as they are better in terms of quality imho. The side casing that surrounds the exhaust has started to melt/deform and will probably be brittle as a result. Overall i would highly recommend one of of these smaller Echo saws.

I have two Echo's below the 360wes (280wes and 352 es) and both are great saws. The 280 has a 12" dime sugi carving bar and the 352 has an 14" Oregon Quarter carving bar running the standard chain. Find that I use the 352 for most things around the yard as it's light, powerful enough and really is ES (Easy Start)! :)

Just sent you a pm

well Simsimo i have a 360Tes and it's truly an amazing little saw.

That's what I thought but the WES has a lower power output, 1.39kW vs 1.50kW, according to Echo UK.

I've been considering a CS-360WES for coppicing work so would it would be good to hear how you get on with yours simsimo or anyone else with one.