Isuzu 3ld1over heating. engine water pump?

Dean O

Engine seems to be overheating and cutting out. No oil in water so im hoping its not the head gasket.

Anything else i should be checking?

Guessing its the water pump?

Any body know where I can source a replacement water pump?

what makes you think the water pump is goosed have the impeller blades broke off is it leaking is the impeller spinning on the shaft

thanks for the replies - how do I check the thermostat? (sorry not very mechanically minded)

unfortunately there's no temp gauge,

you can feel the heat coming off the machine and water is being discharged through the overflow/expansion tube at the filler neck.

it seems to be cutting out after 20-30 mins of use.

I assumed that there was a safety cut off switch cutting it off when the temp was getting too high? this led me to assume that the thermostat was in this loop and giving the signal to shut down?

and this made me think that the water and coolant simply wasn't being moved round the system sufficiently to cool the engine.

there's plenty of fluid in it (refilled with water and coolant), fan is working (constantly on as belt driven from engine) and radiator is clean (not spotless but relatively).

thanks

Dean

Could also be the viscous fan failing if it has one if it is an overheat problem. What machine is it in? What control box is fitted to it? The engine itself should only shutdown if power to the stop solenoid is interrupted, either 'intentionally' (control box is switched off or receives a fault input often overheat or low oil pressure but could be others such as limit switches etc) or if there is an electrical issue elsewhere.

have a look at the radiator cap is it ok are the seals intact any doubt replace it. take the cap of and run it at idle see if there are bubbles coming up you can test the coolant with a sample kit to see if the head gasket has went i think about £50 if the engine cuts out i would look at fuel filters stop solenoid etc first

thanks guys.

its in an old greenmech chipper

could be electrical, its had a new control box recently and not been used much since so perhaps a gremlin.

I believe the filler cap seems fine and the fan is constantly driven.

my first thought was oil cut off switch but oil levels are ok.

Engine seems to be overheating and cutting out. No oil in water so im hoping its not the head gasket.

Anything else i should be checking?

Guessing its the water pump?

Any body know where I can source a replacement water pump?

i have a water pump in my shed from my isuzu rodeo 3 litre

i thought it was leaking and changed it it turned out to be a small split in the pipe

i can take a pic tomorow and see if its the same