Chipper performance advice please

Oaklay

Please can anyone offer advice on chipper performance? We currently have 8x10 inch chipper with 45hp engine. Basically we want to speed up and are looking for a pto machine. My question is if we get a 8x10 inch pto chipper on a 120hp tractor will it hugely out perform our 45hp chipper because of more hp or does it not work like that? Or do we need a even bigger pto machine to achieve better performance?

Many thanks

Yes it will improve chipping capacity but getting it set up as close to the job or as conveniently is much harder to do especially in more domestic locations. If your mostly chipping onto the ground or working on open ground then a 12"pto chipper will demolish anything even on 120hp( more = faster) but a well set up tow behind like a bandit 990 will definitely hold its own and is much easier to set up on a driveway behind the chip truck.

Yes it will improve chipping capacity but getting it set up as close to the job or as conveniently is much harder to do especially in more domestic locations. If your mostly chipping onto the ground or working on open ground then a 12"pto chipper will demolish anything even on 120hp( more = faster) but a well set up tow behind like a bandit 990 will definitely hold its own and is much easier to set up on a driveway behind the chip truck.

Thank u, sounds good. Would be on sites with lots of space or highways with all the chip going in the hedge so access no issue. :-)

Might be worth looking at the 10" farmi chipper as it's a 45degree feed which is good on highways as feeds more from the side and requires less hp to drive, also not a bad price 👍

That's good to know thank you, I thought they looked good

You the dealer for them now Dean? Definitely something on the wish list, nice triple blade with inbuilt pump nd stress controle would sit nicely on my massy nd eat all the unwanted conifer fed in easily by the 360 and grab, bliss!

You the dealer for them now Dean? Definitely something on the wish list, nice triple blade with inbuilt pump nd stress controle would sit nicely on my massy nd eat all the unwanted conifer fed in easily by the 360 and grab, bliss!

Hi John, yes we are now Farmi dealers also, we did our training with the CH260 which was impressive. Just sold the CH381HFC which is a right tool, any Farmi requirements give me a shout.