Small pinto pulley

thetoolnut

Anyone had issues using a small pinto pulley as a slack tender on a W.P.L? I'd been using a cheap ISC micro pulley as a slack tender in conjunction with a distel hitch on some eye to eye 8mm Teufelberger OP cord. The lanyard is 13mm XTC Fire and is well broken in as is the hitch cord. I'm finding the hitch binds and gets tighter and tighter as the Day goes on eventually I have to use two hands to adjust the lanyard. I tried changing carabiners which hasn't helped, I'm thinking of reverting back to my cheapo ISC pulley. All thought and suggestions are welcome, thanks. :confused1:

Anyone had issues using a small pinto pulley as a slack tender on a W.P.L? I'd been using a cheap ISC micro pulley as a slack tender in conjunction with a distel hitch on some eye to eye 8mm Teufelberger OP cord. The lanyard is 13mm XTC Fire and is well broken in as is the hitch cord. I'm finding the hitch binds and gets tighter and tighter as the Day goes on eventually I have to use two hands to adjust the lanyard. I tried changing carabiners which hasn't helped, I'm thinking of reverting back to my cheapo ISC pulley. All thought and suggestions are welcome, thanks. :confused1:

If you were previously using a swing cheek pulley the pinto will be forcing the legs further apart at the fishermans knots, thus essentially shortening the hitch. Try some fresh cord, slightly longer.

Frankly, a pinto pulley is wasted as a slack tender on a lanyard though.

I'd just buy an ART Positioner :biggrin:

I had probs with distel locking up in the wet,changed to schwabish hitch...problem solved..give it a bash.

Joes right about the pinto

The ISC micro was a fixed cheek pulley, I'll just have to play around with it I suppose. Thanks.

Hitch cord will gain memory over extended use, meaning it won't release easily when load is removed. Couple that with dirt and gunk and there's your problem.

Use a fresh cord. It'll cost less than £2

• 8 months later...

Hello all,

im considering a pinto, a stein skywalker and a simple pulley (moving cheeks) for the lanyard/work position/second climb line sometimes cliped to the hitch climber. I use hitch cord with fishermans knot so I'm afraid the eyes will not fit inside the pinto that's correct? And if I use the fishermans eyes on the side of a pinto it probably will take a lot of space in the carabiner and press the pinto sideways were I should use the pinto spacer (more gear, more € and more bulky setup). Anyone had this problem? A fixed cheeks pulley will have the same problem?

Ty in advance