Which Nail Gun?

Swampster

Whichever one the replier owns will probably be the advice.

Paslode, hitachi etc.

I can only recommend paslode as it's all I've used, not much wrong with it as far as I can see!

But I'm sure you'll get conflicting opinions.

Hi, i use the im350 for roofing work and 1st fix joinery. Its a decent bit of kit. Nails a nd gas a bit pricey tho ( but just add that to job ) Need to keep gas warm in winter, otherwise gun wont fire correctly.

I think mutley on here has an hitachi, and he rates that highly and it is cheaper.

The new dewalt ones look the business and dont need gas ( i think), but i havent used one. However i have the dewalt pin gun and when new it was a match for paslode, but it developed a fault and no one has been able to sort it out (main dealers), so i would be a bit warey.

My personal choice if it suited would be a compressor and air gun, far less to go wrong but you have the hassle and restriction of air lines.

cheers

H

I've used paslode 350 for last 8 years, good machines but sometimes they have a few annoying problems and for this reason I always take 2 of them with me when fencing.

I decided it was time to buy a new machine so tried my friends gas less Dewalt machine, it's way to heavy for fixing fence boards, I then tried the new hilti version which is gas powered it seemed good and has a lithium battery.

Finally I had a go with the Paslode IM 360, it's slightly heavier than the 350 and has a lithium battery and a few more electronic features will allow you to see gas content and remaining battery power. Not sure how much abuse this nailer will take on site but I'll find out over the next year or so.

In the end I bought the Paslode 360 and I'm really happy with it.

Gas Paslode - expensive but medium weight for what you're getting. Do yourself a favour and get a tool belt with a metal ringed hammer holder. The nail gun can hang from it, as you're position boards. Get a spare battery - they last ages, as does the gas canister. But where the nearest tool store or the like, will maybe have a canister. They'll not have a battery on the shelf.

Tip. Bit of tape over the battery eject, saves said battery dropping out whenever it wants.

Used an elec. Bosch but that was for tacking indoors.

Edited by TGB