ISA acredditations

davefal

hi guys quick question are ISA ceu courses recognised in the industry???..started working for local authority and have a bit of time now to study,done the short couse in capel manor 13yrs ago working like a dog ever since.....kicking back now.realyy want to get into surveying trees,any good onlince courses..... cheers

Unless things have changed the ISA chapter for the UK is no more, so I guess the ISA is pretty much unrecognised in the industry unfortunately. Even prior to that it wasn't really that recognisable unlike in the USA.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....dunno!

I rate the 'ISA Certified Arborist' qualification very highly and would suggest the contrary in terms of UK recognition. Albeit we had a range of level 2 'arbs quals' existing at the time it became available, eg City & Guilds Phase II Arb / RFS Cert Arb / NC Arb, and hence didn't readily take off perhaps.

Who knows what the future holds? :001_huh:

Cheers..

Paul

Paul, would you put the ISA Cert with Level II of...V? VI? in the UK?

I thought it was hot stuff when I got it in 1992. But like many peers (all with their biases of course) I've seen it seem to lose rigor and credibility.

I got ISA's Board Cert in 2004, and saw the member number of BCMAs stagnate in the 400s for years. Now it's getting overhauled, with much concern here that it too will be dumbed down for $.

I/USA is dominated by US corporations, and dedicated to milking the nutritionless cash cow called TRAQ. But like I said I'm biased (in favor of rigor, and arboriculture, and against vegetation management), and maybe just a tad jaded!

dave the attached are fyi; much more on my website fwiw

PHC-CEU (1).pdf

ISA CEU Risk.pdf

Bam! Killed another thread.

Sorry, I'm never the best at finding my way back to previous threads...usually coz I post nonsense n don't want to embarrass myself again. :biggrin:

So, here in the UK ISA Certified Arborist is recognised at level 2, i.e. craftsman level. However, informally, and including myself (personally), many see it at level 3...or certainly 2.5.

This has be borne out when I do contractor assessments and speak to / question (in the nicest possible way) nominated managers on arb technical stuff. My experience being they're just below the old AA Tech Cert, an absolute level 3 maybe 4, and above other level 2 quals...a very general observation.

As with many things, much of it's value/use is down to the individual and their application.

Regards..

Paul

i like my ISA cert arb and have just got re certified I've been certified for 12 year, i find it motivates me to keep reading and learning to gain my 30 ceus every three year. i find like everything some clients like the fact you are qualified and some don't.