Splicing/Tee-ing into a excavator hydraulic system

Dave177

Hi All,

I am installing a second valve block onto my Cat 308 to control a grapple saw and need to t- into the hydraulic system to take a constant feed from the pump.

1) Is there an ideal place to take this from

2) where is it best to take the feed back to, I assume straight back into the tank?

3) Are there drawbacks to doing it this way? I dont really want to run it through the main valve block due to causing extra stress to this?

Any comments or ideas would be great

Thanks

How's your grapple saw mounted? Dangle mount with rotator?

How many sets of auxiliary lines do you have?

Button's or rockers on the joysticks to control them?

I at this point see absolutely no need for anything along the lines of what you're describing, modern machines are designed for attachments and a grapple saw isn't going to test it anything like a mulcher would?

Eddie.

Thanks for the replies so far.

It is fixed mount grapple with a worm drive rotator.

In standard form the machine only has 1 single acting aux line off of a foot pedal, this has then had a solenoid diverter valve fitted to allow for a 2 way circuit off of joystick buttons that currently operated a tilt bucket for grading.

my other idea was to take the feed from the existing hammer line, remove the foot pedal and put this straight into the extra block.

Essentially I need to get 2x two way circuits and 1 single acting circuit down to the head.

Got all that and sounds a good unit.

Is this going to be your main attachment, used in anger daily type affair or just another string to your bow tool in the toybox?

What I'm really trying to establish is do you want a very neat solution that may cost a bit more, or having dangling hoses and plenty of buttons to press/changeover isn't going to really matter for more occasional use?

What sort year is the CAT?

Eddie.

Edited by LGP Eddie

It will be used a lot at this time of year but will still need to be able to put a bucket back on easily. I was planning on using suregrip controls as I already have one set up for the tilt bucket.

I would much rather have a permentent solution than some loads of dangling hoses.

The Cat is a 2008 model