How long will the New Zealand skills shortage last?

JodyBigfoot

I'm actually starting training tin a month, and will be qualified for the visa in 4 years (2 year qual and 2 years of post qual exp) for the sole reason of being able to migrate but I wondered if any business owners or arborists in NZ had a clue on how long the skills shortage will last, it would be a hilariously dark twist of comedy fate if they took it away while i was working towards it!

The list is constant for qualified skilled people. The list does change what skills they need but it works like this.

Nz has a very small population for its size and is limited in what it offers particularly to young people. Those who do pursue degrees and fields of particular expertise tend to often take them elsewhere for life experience. Australia or this dirty overcrowded continent we live on. Which leaves home grown labour in short supply.

I recommend you go for it. It's more likely a member of the opposite sex will hinder plans than nz. Plus there are other ways of getting into nz. But do it before you are 30.

• 2 weeks later...

a member of the opposite sex ha ha, well as it stands now, she is coming with and if she doesnt like it i aint leaving.. so see what happens there

you can get a second working holiday visa through bunac until 35 and if you are fully qualified age isnt really an issue unless you are over a much higher age 50/65 maybe - for skilled migration

thanks

Not sure if it's changed recently but I believe you can keep pumping out work visas for as long as you have a sponsor and suitable NZ staff can't be found. I believe you can also look at getting a three year work visa in the first instance but that also might have changed. Been a long time since I worked on visas but worth checking out with immigration.

Not sure if it's changed recently but I believe you can keep pumping out work visas for as long as you have a sponsor and suitable NZ staff can't be found. I believe you can also look at getting a three year work visa in the first instance but that also might have changed. Been a long time since I worked on visas but worth checking out with immigration.

Has anyone else had issues getting there nptcs recognised here?im considering going for residency.. to get my visa I had to prove my work experience and advertise the job etc as my qualifications where not recognised? Also a guy i knew who went through his residency couldnt get his qualifications recognised so had to get points otherways... i know you can get them tested but been quoted around 1500 bucks...

Has anyone else had issues getting there nptcs recognised here?im considering going for residency.. to get my visa I had to prove my work experience and advertise the job etc as my qualifications where not recognised? Also a guy i knew who went through his residency couldnt get his qualifications recognised so had to get points otherways... i know you can get them tested but been quoted around 1500 bucks...

You can get them cross credited via the NZQA I believe. That's how I did mine. Shouldn't be $1500 though.

You can also look at the working to residency option which requires less points to meet the criteria but you need to remain in full time work with your sponsor for two years.

You can get them cross credited via the NZQA I believe. That's how I did mine. Shouldn't be $1500 though.

Do you remember how much and the process of it? i only really have nptc tickets and nvq apprentership... im a bit confused weather to count any certs towards my points system as with them i get the magic number to get auto picked out and without them im not... why is it that they are world recognised certs except in nz??