Yard break in - Leicester

Eddie Eco

Unfortunately after just over a decade of not being hit it was our turn on Friday

. Broke into our yard and managed to bust open one vault but had to take the other two complete. No hope of getting anything back but for what it's worth the following items were taken, they had a good haul.

Stihl 084

Stihl 660

Husqvarna 395xp with Sugi Hara bar

2 x Husqvarna 560xp both with Sugi Hara bar

2 x Stihl 201T

2 x Stihl 150T

3 x Stihl BG 86

Stihl BR600

2 x Stihl HL100

Stihl KM130R

Stihl KM90R

Stihl FS240

Husqvarna 357xp

Tirfor winch

2 x Stihl BR81

Echo long reach shears

Butterfly harness and pulleysaver

Unfortunately after just over a decade of not being hit it was our turn on Friday

. Broke into our yard and managed to bust open one vault but had to take the other two complete. No hope of getting anything back but for what it's worth the following items were taken, they had a good haul.

Stihl 084

Stihl 660

Husqvarna 395xp with Sugi Hara bar

2 x Husqvarna 560xp both with Sugi Hara bar

2 x Stihl 201T

2 x Stihl 150T

3 x Stihl BG 86

Stihl BR600

2 x Stihl HL100

Stihl KM130R

Stihl KM90R

Stihl FS240

Husqvarna 357xp

Tirfor winch

2 x Stihl BR81

Echo long reach shears

Butterfly harness and pulleysaver

Theres always hope mate. Hauls like this get recovered by the police all the time and end up in auction as they simply cant locate the original owners.

Thats why I set up arbsafe which is also now police approved/accredited. People need to start listing their kit :confused1:

Eddie Eco sorry to hear your news. Steve can you explain why there is a need to list kit before it needs to be flagged up as stolen, thanks j

Simply as an initiative to actually go to the effort of making that list. Many people simply don't bother. Thats why I have created an easy format for people to do so. Of course listing them after the fact is also good.

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I do keep an accurate listing of all our kit and serial numbers, which the police now have - but yes this is at least a good time to start off and get the new gear uploaded too. Very hard to take as a lot of that gear had been renewed/replaced recently and what hadn't did have sentimental value (084 and 357xp). All in all rounded up to around £10/11k, nothing bought by finance just hard work.

We will get replaced on insurance, but it arrives to my door like for like as per inventory - obviously good but I would much rather have had the money and put the business though my local dealer network.

The little glimmer of hope is that Leicestershire police have recovered a substantial amount of power tools (like warehouse size substantial) and after cataloging everything will be getting in touch.........

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I do keep an accurate listing of all our kit and serial numbers, which the police now have - but yes this is at least a good time to start off and get the new gear uploaded too. Very hard to take as a lot of that gear had been renewed/replaced recently and what hadn't did have sentimental value (084 and 357xp). All in all rounded up to around £10/11k, nothing bought by finance just hard work.

We will get replaced on insurance, but it arrives to my door like for like as per inventory - obviously good but I would much rather have had the money and put the business though my local dealer network.

The little glimmer of hope is that Leicestershire police have recovered a substantial amount of power tools (like warehouse size substantial) and after cataloging everything will be getting in touch.........

One of my friends got broken into maybe 4 or 5 months ago, an 880 was in the haul so if one of those is in that haul please advise and I will ask him to contact Leicester police.

A