Land Rover 130, tracked chipper, trailer combo??

GJT

Thinking about getting a 130 Landrover with chipbox, 7.5inch tracked chipper and plant trailer. Has anyone any experience of this set up, would a full load of chip, chipper and trailer be to much to tow day in day out. Any thoughts??

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thinking about getting a 130 Landrover with chipbox, 7.5inch tracked chipper and plant trailer. Has anyone any experience of this set up, would a full load of chip, chipper and trailer be to much to tow day in day out. Any thoughts??

HI GJT i think HODGE has one i no he has 130LR thanks jon :thumbup:

A large chipper will only fill it quickly if you chip everything it'll take but fill it exactly the same as smaller machine but with less run time if you only chip what you need to.

The set up you are talking about gives you a very varied capable setup if you expect to get work requiring you to leave the road but if you do mostly towny trees then not the most ideal 1.

Depends what you're doing I suppose but a large chipper will fill that quickly

I'm not too worried about the chip capacity we can deal with the excess chip what I'm not sure of is the towing capability of the 130 with this set up on a daily basis would it be asking too much of it?

A large chipper will only fill it quickly if you chip everything it'll take but fill it exactly the same as smaller machine but with less run time if you only chip what you need to.

The set up you are talking about gives you a very varied capable setup if you expect to get work requiring you to leave the road but if you do mostly towny trees then not the most ideal 1.

Thanks, we are rural based so 75% of our work would be off road or dodgy country roads which often is as good as being off road. Try to find the all singing all dancing set up which I know is asking a lot.