Heavy duty hand winch required

White Noise

In need of a heavy duty handwinch for a project . If anyone in Cheshire / Staffordshire has one or can point me in the right direction that would be great .

Capable of pulling 3 ton and cable diameter of approx 16mm . Weight from 200 kg to 500kg would be cool . Thanks for your time people :001_smile:

HI WHITE tirfor will do the job mate thanks or a MONKEY WINCH :thumbup1:THANKS JON :thumbup:

I picked up a monkey winch last summer from a mate for £50. He only used it to pull a JCB out of a ditch and then gave it to me. Dont think I will be using it much as I cant even get in into my van as its too heavy! I have a big slab of doug fir as a ramp to get it in the van but I'm scared to take it out the workshop as it is so heavy. I reckon its pretty bombproof and can winch anything:thumbup1:

I picked up a monkey winch last summer from a mate for £50. He only used it to pull a JCB out of a ditch and then gave it to me. Dont think I will be using it much as I cant even get in into my van as its too heavy! I have a big slab of doug fir as a ramp to get it in the van but I'm scared to take it out the workshop as it is so heavy. I reckon its pretty bombproof and can winch anything:thumbup1:

HI MIKE they will recover tanks mate thanks jon :thumbup:

Hi, you can hire one off me if you wish and try one, i'm near Alton Towers.

I have a hand tirfor T35, which is 3 tonne lift, 5 tonne pull, it's moved concrete trucks before... good for 1 off's but not if your planning on moving something a long way.

I also have the smaller Tirfor as well.

Also a hydraulic 4 tonne winch on a 3 point linkage frame, which you can use a petrol hydraulic power pack, much better for moving distances as it takes petrol, not sandwiches.

I have a genuine Trewhella Monkey Winch surplus to requirements in good working order, but I am in Dorset so rather a long way away!

The trick to getting them in a vehicle (as long as the floor is not too high from the ground) is to wheel them over, turn them round so that the pointy end is facing the vehicle, then lift the drum end so the winch is standing on the ground on the pointy end. Then spin it round so the wheels are facing the vehicle, lower the raised end into the vehicle, and lift the other end in. Harder to write down than to do, and meand that you're never lifting the whole machine.

Great tools, monkey winches!

In fact I think I have four of them (and two Wallabys), so I could let two monkeys go if anyone wants 'em. I like big old winches! :thumbup: