110 Tipper - Which Spring/shock/rollbar setup?

Suffolk-Matt

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as Ive got the tub off and before the buck goes on I thought id get the rear end sorted.

So what in people opinions is the best setup?

Im guessing a plus 1 or 2 inch lift for the springs, which make?

any clues to your setups would be great :thumbup1:

HI MATT im told old man emu are best mate thanks jon :thumbup:

I ve got the britpart heavy duty plus 2inch lift. Plus the gas shockers they do. I know some people slate most of britpart stuff but I have to say its fantastic for load carrying.

What about roll bar and are you on the standard shocks?

Matt is your Landy GVW 3500t or 3050t Mine is 3050 and I'm having to upgrade chassis and suspension and get it replated through DVLA just wondered if you had to do this as well and if you did any tips?

Ill PM you Andy

HI MATT im told old man emu are best mate thanks jon :thumbup:

Will have a look Jon thanks

over the years I've found standard landy suspension to be as good as anything (though the addition of an anti roll bar might be a good add on if you haven't got one), and if not carefully done lifts can be more trouble than their worth.

Best reply so far.

Not a 110, but on my old 130 I thought I'd "improve" it by going from the standard twin spring setup and anti roll bar, to a set of 2" longer springs and shocks.

It didn't sit down mega low when loaded, but it did wallow about a lot, especially when I had to ditch the anti roll bar. When it articulated a lot, the extra length of the shocks meant the anti roll bar wasn't long enough (or in the right position maybe) and it flipped the links over so that next time it compressed a lot, it pushed the brackets straight off the chassis!

If I was to do it again, I'd stay standard height but HD springs (either LR or something like Bearmach (the Britpart ones were OK for a while but started sagging after a year or so), keep the helper springs and get some decent shocks (nothing by Britpart or Terrafirma - it's a work truck, not a pay and play toy). I had Koni Heavy Track shocks on my 130 and more laterly my 90 and they outlasted and out performed anything else I've tried. Plus I'd keep the anti roll bar too.

EDIT: Forgot to add, have used a standard 110 3500kg tipper that was all as standard suspension wise and it handled weight really well, even when we were a little tiny bit over enthusiastic with chips.....

Edited by Chris Sheppard

Best reply so far.

Not a 110, but on my old 130 I thought I'd "improve" it by going from the standard twin spring setup and anti roll bar, to a set of 2" longer springs and shocks.

It didn't sit down mega low when loaded, but it did wallow about a lot, especially when I had to ditch the anti roll bar. When it articulated a lot, the extra length of the shocks meant the anti roll bar wasn't long enough (or in the right position maybe) and it flipped the links over so that next time it compressed a lot, it pushed the brackets straight off the chassis!

If I was to do it again, I'd stay standard height but HD springs (either LR or something like Bearmach (the Britpart ones were OK for a while but started sagging after a year or so), keep the helper springs and get some decent shocks (nothing by Britpart or Terrafirma - it's a work truck, not a pay and play toy). I had Koni Heavy Track shocks on my 130 and more laterly my 90 and they outlasted and out performed anything else I've tried. Plus I'd keep the anti roll bar too.

HI CHRIS I HAD bearmach they were ok take weight well thanks jon