Keyhole shoulder opp recovery

geoff

Well I just had my opp a few days ago, to shave bone from an impingement to the rotor cuff, & remove & clean up some frazzled tissue after a break last winter, I pretty much know what to do for the recovery, any idea on how long I should leave it before getting back to climbing & cutting?:stickyman::001_smile:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I just had my opp a few days ago, to shave bone from an impingement to the rotor cuff, & remove & clean up some frazzled tissue after a break last winter, I pretty much know what to do for the recovery, any idea on how long I should leave it before getting back to climbing & cutting?:stickyman::001_smile:

Not too long, mate. After all, I could do with the work :biggrin: Glad to hear it went well. Let us know if you need anything:thumbup1:

Not too long, mate. After all, I could do with the work :biggrin: Glad to hear it went well. Let us know if you need anything:thumbup1:

Thanks mate, I have some nice pops to get down fairly soon, right next to the ones Spike & you worked on with me chipping in Hatty P.

Talking of needing a hand, the hardest bit is wiping me starfish after a turf out...only take you a couple of minutes!:laugh1:

Thanks mate, I have some nice pops to get down fairly soon, right next to the ones Spike & you worked on with me chipping in Hatty P.

Talking of needing a hand, the hardest bit is wiping me starfish after a turf out...only take you a couple of minutes!:laugh1:

Let me see if I can find that tube of Deep Heat. :jumping38:

Hi geoff.

Had this op done followed by complete rotator cuff repair on both shoulders. Fantastic success. Anyway after first op to shave bones went out working with brushcutter a week later. Then out of curiosity u tubed the op and found out just how serious it actually is. Lots of internal raw surfaces so dont be fooled by the tiny incision scars. Two months of physio seemed excessive at time but probably worth it. Consultant wanted me to use the joint lightly DEFINITELY not climbing. Look at three months before climbing 6 weeks for heavy chainsawing.

If you need the rotator cuffs repairing expect to be not climbing for 10 months 8months before you use a saw!

Results are definitely worth the wait. - then look after them. I don't do hedges anymore, only do light climbs and have bought a sawmill to ease the load on the shoulders.

Shaun