12 quotes to do today.

TIMON

I'll be going to look at 12 potential jobs today in the Birmingham area today.

Some smallish jobs I:e hedges etc..

Some large jobs, dismantles and big conifer removals. I have to try and keep two x 3 man teams going which we seem to manage.

I'm hoping to have a good day and hoping I get my prices right.

I'm not an expert at species etc..and only been climbing 6 months.

(Hence the "new guy" tag) so I look at the job as a whole... Access, time it will take, how much to remove etc..

It's a fine balancing act remaining competitive but wanting to build value into our business and not undermine the going rate for qualified tree teams.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be going to look at 12 potential jobs today in the Birmingham area today.

Some smallish jobs I:e hedges etc..

Some large jobs, dismantles and big conifer removals. I have to try and keep two x 3 man teams going which we seem to manage.

I'm hoping to have a good day and hoping I get my prices right.

I'm not an expert at species etc..and only been climbing 6 months.

(Hence the "new guy" tag) so I look at the job as a whole... Access, time it will take, how much to remove etc..

It's a fine balancing act remaining competitive but wanting to build value into our business and not undermine the going rate for qualified tree teams.

12 jobs to look at in one day? That's good going. I get that in a week if am lucky. Suits me though, am just a one man business and subby climbers and help in if and when needed.

Guess different for you having to keep teams going? Very fine line in pricing work, not to under value yourself and at the same time remain competitive. :thumbup:

Thanks Steve,

Truth is we're building on the foundations that others have laid.

Been doing trees for 5 years off and on but climbing 6mths.

Thanks for the encouragement.

What's more incredible is the fact that both of our teams are manned exclusively by ex-addicts (totally clean) our customers love the fact that the proceeds go to help those in need of a second chance in life.

Thanks for a great forum!!!

Timon

Thanks Steve,

Truth is we're building on the foundations that others have laid.

Been doing trees for 5 years off and on but climbing 6mths.

Thanks for the encouragement.

What's more incredible is the fact that both of our teams are manned exclusively by ex-addicts (totally clean) our customers love the fact that the proceeds go to help those in need of a second chance in life.

Thanks for a great forum!!!

Timon

Good on you and good luck:thumbup1: