moving from Stihl to Husky

monkey

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I "ran" both, well to be honest, bought a 261vw, very proud of it and it did a fab job but for the problems all been written about in previous threads. So then I bought a 550xpg, off the back of using the 550xp. 550 xp is lighter, easier to move when on the power but by an enth of a margin. The xpg is fab for warming tire wet cold hands... now the 261 is a back up saw which rarely gets used. I use a 576 with small and large bars too.

Hope this kinda helps

I don't think Husky makes anything like the MS261. I suppose you could get a 550 and then add 8 ounces of lead and run it pig rich. ;)

:thumbup:

Hah!

My fully woods ported 346 NE had its crank break....( a first in 39 years as a sawyer...) mweba (Arb Site and sawhogz.com) is fixing it for $150 (he had a spare crank lying around). He's also wood porting a brand new 550 that my dealer bud sold me and sent directly to mweba. Can't wait to get them both back. I don't expect the 550 to be any faster than the 346, as the gains that the 346 had are exceptional (54% faster than stock) but it will be my first strato saw!

I'm pleased with the 338 NE's as well. With just a muffler mod, they are faster than a 200T, so it will be a while before I get a 540...that said, as I have a woods ported 357 that is wicked fast, I'm still lusting after a ported 560 or 562...and would get the Jonsy equivalent 2260, sa it's prettier in red and black!