3PL Log Lifter/Holder

Cosmiccrofter

I have quite a few old tractors so that I don't have to put on/take off the McConnell saw, forklift, splitter etc, each can just stay on the tractor.

What I would like is a 3PL log lifter/holder so that I can ring larger logs with the chainsaw at waist height right down to the last 8" or so. The back's not as good as it used to be, so bending down with the saw is taking it's toll.

Has anyone built one or seen anything that would fit the bill?

Edited by Cosmiccrofter
Spelling

Riko, Jas P Wilson etc and others do such 3PL mounted hydraulic "tongs"

Riko had an advert for exactly this product showing to the RHS of the screen yesterday.

They are intended to grab and drag but I do not see why they would not suffice for your requirment.

Cheers

M

Riko do a 3 point linkage skidding grab that will lift timber, RZ110. It has a cross bar with teeth so you can put the ‘But end’ under, grip the timber and lift. Length of timber you can lift will depend on what the tractor linkage will lift. It’s not on their web site but you can contact them from there.

597660ae423fe_RZ1102.jpg.ef164f15315585fb67cbbf88453e6c37.jpg

597660ae3e680_RZ1101.jpg.5e6c752f83b7993d885e46d8684da729.jpg

That looks like the mutts danglies, but I suspect mucho dinero.

I was thinking along the lines of a simple A-frame with teeth along the bottom, a 2' to 3' straight bar out from the top with a log tongs at the end and lifted by a ram anchored at the bottom of the A-frame. I just wondered if anyone had made something similar and a rough idea of sizes.

John do you mean something like a McConnell backactor?

McConnellBackActor001.jpg

Edited by Cosmiccrofter